Boston Restaurant & Bar Owners are you paying attention?
The City Council Government Operations Committee will have a public hearing on Thursday June 22, at 2:30 PM on a proposal to send a home rule petition to the legislature.
The proposal, Docket # 0393, as filed will create 152 non-transferable licenses for the sale of alcoholic beverages to be consumed on premises for the City of Boston.
The licenses will be distributed over a 3 year period as follows:
- 7 city-wide all alcohol licenses per year and 3 city-wide wine and malt licenses per year (30 total licenses)
- Provided the neighborhoods of Back Bay, Beacon Hill and the North End shall not be granted more than 3 of the city-wide licenses per year.
- 3 all alcohol licenses per year and 2 wine and malt licenses per year for each of the following neighborhood zoning districts: Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, Mission Hill and Roxbury. (105 total licenses)
- 3 all alcohol licenses per year and 2 malt and wine licenses per year for areas designated as Main Streets Districts by the Boston Redevelopment Authority.
(15 total licenses)
- 1 all alcohol license for the Lawn on D
- 1 all alcohol license for the Boston Center for the Arts
The second section of the proposal will create a so called non-transferable “umbrella license” allowing the city to grant an umbrella license to a real estate development project with total combined gross floor area of at least 500,000 square feet.
The MRA will be offering testimony to the Council. This is a public meeting and operators are encouraged to attend and offer their opinion and perspective.
Massachusetts Restaurant Association
333 Turnpike Rd – Suite 102, Southborough, MA 01772
Phone: (508) 303-9905 Fax: (508) 303-9985 www.themassrest.org