COCKTAIL COMPETITION JUST ANNOUNCE
Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey recently announced its “honoryourlegacy cocktail competition that encourages bartenders to show off their passion and skill and create a cocktail inspired by their own personal career journey, personal family legacy or what legacy they aspire to leave behind.
Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey is inspired by the best whiskey-maker the world never knew, the first known African-American master distiller, Nathan “Nearest” Green. The Uncle Nearest brand, wholly owned by Uncle Nearest, Inc., an all minority-led business, encompasses a premium aged whiskey with a blend of 8- to 14- year old, an 11-year-old minimum age single barrel, and a 7-year-old small batch offering, all mellowed using the Lincoln County Process, a unique filtering of bourbon through sugar maple charcoal. This process has been confirmed to have been brought to Tennessee by enslaved people and taught by Nearest Green to the most famous Tennessee Whiskey maker of all time. Uncle Nearest is distilled, aged, bottled and hand-labeled in Tennessee.
Their 2020 #HonorYourLegacy Cocktail Competition supports Uncle Nearest’s mission to share Nearest Green’s legacy with the world, one sip at a time. Now, it’s time to hear other industry leaders’ legacies!
Show your passion and skill and create a cocktail inspired by your career journey, personal family legacy or what legacy you aspire to leave behind following these rules:
- Must be a working bartender and resident of the United States. (If you are currently out of work because your bar is closed due to pandemic, you are welcome to enter too.)
- Must be following @unclenearest on Instagram.
- Video submission must be posted to Instagram and also submitted via email along with written recipe and contact info to email@example.com.
- Video submissions must be posted to Instagram with hashtags: #UncleNearest, #HonorYourLegacy and @unclenearest must be tagged in the post.
(**Your submission will only be seen if your profile is set to public)
- Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey must be the primary spirit in your cocktail.
- In your video, state your name, the bar you work for, and the bar location. (i.e. “Hi, I’m Nick G. from Nobu in Newport Beach…”)
- Videos must be submitted by September 15, 2020.
Contestants will be judged on creativity, concept and execution. Once all videos are reviewed, 12 winners will be chosen, announced and receive $350 and be featured in the 2021 UNCLE NEAREST COCKTAIL CALENDAR which will be distributed nationwide!
Uncle Nearest built its brand on its knack for sourcing the best of Tennessee whiskies and bourbons, and using its own non-temperature-controlled aging process and unique post-aging double filtration method that significantly changes the characteristics and profile of the original whiskies. Uncle Nearest is the most awarded new American premium whiskey brand in United States history, garnering 75 awards since its July 2017 debut, including being one of two brands named “World’s Best” at Whisky Magazine’s 2019 World Whiskies Awards, and earning 15 Best in Class. Cigar & Spirits Magazine also named Uncle Nearest one of the “Top 5 Whiskies in the World.”
The whiskey is currently available in all 50 states and 12 countries (while shipping into a total of 148 countries), in more than 10,000 stores, bars, restaurants and its 270-acre distillery in Shelbyville, Tenn., dubbed by a member of the press as “Malt Disney World.”