So we’ve been asked over and over again about drink specials… people want to be incentivized: given a reason to come out. As we explored happy hours and drink specials, we discovered some really weird laws/regulations in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. These laws are not all enforced, but for some reason are in the books….. Enjoy!
LAWS THAT MAKE NO SENSE (Alcohol Related)
– It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients
– Candy may not contain more than 1% of alcohol
– Alcoholic drink specials are illegal
LAWS THAT MAKE NO SENSE (Non-Alcohol Related)
– Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts
– Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked
– Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder
– It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath
– All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday
These laws are absurd, and mostly not enforced. Why is it illegal to give a patient hospital beer? A cold beer after a surgery sounds perfect. It just makes sense…. stupid Commonwealth.
The BarUp app gives you a spot with a weekend feel on a weeknight. BarUp chooses bars, pubs and clubs of the night that feature drink and/or food specials to make it easier for you to focus on having a good time, not figuring out where to go.