Bistro du Midi at 272 Boylston Street in Boston (617) 279-8000
Recently reopened Bistro du Midi, is treating mom to a 3-course, prix fixe menu this Mother’s Day for $68 per person. Known for its French cuisine inspired by coastal New England, they will be offering guests a choice of delicious menu options including:
- Softshell Crab Benedict, spinach, saffron hollandaise
- Croque Madame, black forest ham, mornay, gruyère, sunny side eggs
- Duck Confit “Foieffle,” chocolate waffle, rhubarb, foie gras butter
- Moules Frites, marinière, pommes frites, grilled country bread
- Prime Short Rib Burger, cheddar, potato sesame bun
- Black Sesame Chiffon Cake, citrus anglaise, coconut miso ice cream
- Blood Orange Tart, frangipane crust, almond financier, crème fraîche
- Chocolate Hazelnut Torte, espresso mousse, cardamom, rice paper
About Bistro du Midi – Bistro do Midi is a bi-level award-winning restaurant featuring French Cuisine with coastal New England Influences. The first floor boasts a stylish and bright atmosphere with a patio that overlooks the Boston Public Gardens. The second floor has a more elevated feel and offers a refined dining room. Executive Chef/Partner Robert Sisca artfully combines both classic French cuisine with modern and inspired twists on new dishes using the region’s freshest seafood, produce, and local farm fresh ingredients. Bistro du Midi is located in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood at 272 Boylston Street across from the Boston Public Garden. Reservations are available and walk-ins welcome. Bistro du Midi is open on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12-3p for lunch and 5-9:30p for dinner, Fridays from 12-3 for lunch and 5-10p for dinner, Saturdays for brunch at 11a until 3:30p and dinner from 5p until 10. The restaurant is open for Sunday Brunch from 11a until 3:30p and for dinner from 5p until 8p. For more information, please call (617) 279-8000 or visit www.bistrodumidi.com.
Scampo at 215 Charles Street in Boston Boston, MA 02114 (617) 536-2100
Mother’s Day at Chef Lydia Shire’s famed Italian restaurant Scampo will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Scampo will offer its regularly available Spring menu, in addition to a variety of specials including:
- Waffles with bananas flambé and lemon double cream
- Folded Lobster & Chive Omelette
- Blueberry Pancakes with blueberry whip
- Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, grilled asparagus, and hollandaise
- Ricotta Donuts
- Crispy Soft-Shell Crab
About Scampo – Scampo, the stunning first floor restaurant in Boston’s Liberty Hotel, is a culinary destination created by legendary chef Lydia Shire and The Lyons Group. In Scampo, Shire’s reputation for defying tradition translates into Italian-inspired cuisine unrestrained by borders, drawing on flavors from the Mediterranean and Middle East. Designed in collaboration with renowned designers Rafael Alvarez and Brannen Brock, Scampo is a reflection of Chef Shire: bold, red and full of energy. The contemporary space features shiny copper lamps, a glowing orange bar and stools overlooking a mozzarella bar, setting the stage for house-made breads baked in a tandoori oven, pastas that surpass red sauce norms and entrées that turn simple ingredients into extraordinary experiences. An approachable wine list complements the food with ready-to-drink varietals from mostly small Italian and American producers. A secluded 60-seat outdoor patio is open during warm weather months, while a 50-seat private dining room features an exciting view of the open kitchen.
Harvest at 44 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA (617) 868-2255
Chef Nick Deutmeyer is serving up a delicious, three-course prix fixe menu for brunch and dinner this Mother’s Day. Available for $65 per person from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and for dinner from 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., menu options include:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Salad: sweet ripe & pickled green strawberries, compressed rhubarb, goat cheese croquettes, salted cashews
- Lamb Tartare: fried egg aïoli, pickled ramps, caper berries, dijon mustard, romaine hearts, potato chips
- Fried Chicken & Foie Gras Waffle: Belgian waffle, wild apple purée, burnt honey, foie gras butter (available for brunch only)
- Lobster Campanelle: homemade pasta, braised greens, sauce americaine, toasted breadcrumbs
- 10 oz Prime Rib: herb & garlic crust, baby watercress, sauce au poivre
- Ispahan Macaron: grand French macaron, rose buttercream, lychee jam, fresh raspberries
- Chocolate Tart: butter caramel, valrhona caraïbe ganache, sea salt, charred lemon frozen yogurt
About Harvest – Kocated in the heart of Harvard Square at 44 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA, Harvest celebrates the modern New England table with contemporary New England cuisine from Chef Nick Deutmeyer that focuses on and showcases the region’s freshest ingredients. Tucked along a cobblestone pathway in the heart of the square, Harvest provides a welcome respite from the fast-paced world outside. Inside is a combination of soothing earth tones, supple banquettes, dark woods and pastoral art that lend an air of understated elegance. Outside, graceful linden trees offer shade to the Garden Terrace, Harvest’s private garden café that boasts fireside dining, blooming flower boxes, and heaters for the chilly nights of spring and fall.
Rare Steakhouse at Encore, 1 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149 (857) 770-3300
On Sunday, May 9thEncore Boston Harbor’s Rare Steakhouse will host a special All-Day Mother’s Day Brunch from noon to 8 p.m. In addition to specialty brunch cocktails, half-bottles of champagne, and sparkling wine specials, Mother’s Day menu options from Executive Chef John Ross will include:
- Petite or Grande Seafood Spectacular with local oysters, littleneck clams, colossal shrimp, Maine lobsters, tuna crudo
- Wagyu Steak & Egg Hash with skillet potatoes, peppers and onions, chipotle aioli, and two poached eggs
- Sweet Pea Ravioli with almond ricotta, fava, sugar snap, and trumpet mushrooms
- Seared Nova Scotia Halibut white asparagus, chanterelles, asparagus purée, shaved asparagus salad
- Premium Cut Steaks including Filet Mignon, Dry Aged Bone-In New York, Bone-In Cowboy Rib Eye with optional add-ons including Blackening Spice, Black Truffle Butter, Au Poivre Style, Spring Onion Chimichurri, Red Wine Jus, Worcestershire Demi
About Rare Steakhouse: In this elegant dining room with stunning views overlooking the Harborwalk and Mystic River, the steakhouse experience is redefined with creative classics and exceptional cuts. Rare features the most uniquely curated steak program in New England, including exclusive Japanese cuts from Kobe and the Kagoshima prefecture, as well as the best of domestic beef from Snake River Farms, Idaho and our partners at La Frieda Meats. Rare Steakhouse is located inside Encore Boston Harbor at 1 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149. The restaurant is open Thursdays from 5 to 10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 5 to 11 p.m., and Sundays from 5 to 10 p.m.
Puritan & Company at 1166 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA (617) 615-6195
Photo courtesy of Puritan & Co.Chef Will Gilson’s Puritan & Co., located in Cambridge’s Inman Square, will be finally bringing back its ever-popular Sunday brunch service on Mother’s Day with a prix fixe brunch menu from noon to 7 p.m. Brunch service will then resume every Sunday thereafter.
About Puritan & Company: Puritan & Company is Chef/Owner Will Gilson’s first restaurant, located in Cambridge, Mass.’s Inman Square. The modern-American dining destination pays homage to New England history and the restaurant’s neighborhood. The Puritan & Company concept is that of an urban farmhouse where Gilson presents seasonal, fresh cuisine deeply rooted in New England tradition, while in the modern American style for which he is best known. The beverage program embodies Puritan & Company’s piety to the New England bounty and tradition, with a focus on the often overshadowed, classic art of pairing of food and wine.
Rochambeau at 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02115
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, adjacent to the Prudential Center, guests at Rochambeau will be treated to a variety of brunch menu specials in addition to its regularly available brunch menu this Mother’s Day.
About Rochambeau: Rochambeau, a fun, vibrant brasserie and café from the Lyons Group brings French flair and flavor to 900 Boylston Street in Boston’s Back Bay. The multifaceted and multi-level lspace is comprised of a café, open for breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks; brasserie, serving dinner as well as a late-night menu; and an expansive patio. The culinary program at Rochambeau is under the direction of Chef Nick Calias, formerly of Brasserie Jo and the Colonnade Hotel, and Chef Matthew Gaudet, formerly of West Bridge in Cambridge, MA and a former Food & Wine “Best New Chef” winner. Chef Calias and Chef Gaudet have applied their vast knowledge and expertise on French cuisine to develop the menus at Rochambeau. The menu features French classics such as coq a vin, steak frites, and rotisserie chicken, as well as seafood and other meat options.
Back Bay Social Club at 867 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02199
Located right across from the Prudential Center, Back Bay Social Club is another great location for dining in the heart of Back Bay. For Mother’s Day, a variety of brunch specials will be available alongside its regularly availablebrunch menu. Speciasl include:
- Chicken Waffle Sandwich with French fries
- Huevos Rancheros with two eggs with cheddar, chopped lettuce, black beans, chipotle crema, avocado, and ranchra sauce
- Greek Yogurt & Fruit Parfait with granola
- Blueberry Waffle with whipped cream, butter, and maple syrup
About Back Bay Social Club: Back Bay Social Club is a stylishly old-fashioned, bustling bi-level bistro located at 867 Boylston Street in the heart of the Back Bay. Back Bay Social Club’s menu features New American eats and elevated, cocktails.
Sonsie at 327 Newbury St., Boston, MA 02115 (617) 351-0400
Offering diners two ways to celebrate mom this Mother’s Day, beloved Newbury St. eatery Sonsie will be offering to-go Mother’s Day packages in addition to Mother’s Day dinner specials.
About Sonsie: Open seven days a week from 8:00am to 1:00am, Sonsie boasts beautiful French doors that translate to an open sidewalk cafe in season, as well as a European lounge with deep leather chairs and sofas. The mahogany bar serves the best martinis in town from an experienced lot of friendly bartenders and the brick-oven churns out eclectic pizzas and focaccia throughout the day. It is easy to relax at Sonsie and enjoy the classic music that reflects the ambience of the restaurant as day progresses into night.
Sonsie’s menu always introduces fresh flavors and brilliant food combinations. Signature dishes dot the menu as well as seasonal dishes splashed with nightly specials. Reservations are recommended and private parties are welcomed. Downstairs at Sonsie is the Wine Room. An elegant old world feel blended with modern design featuring a walk-in temperature controlled glass wine cellar. With over two hundred wines offered and a unique opportunity to try most by the glass. The wine room is open six nights a week and may be reserved for private dining.
Harvard Gardens at 316 Cambridge St, Boston, MA 02114 (617) 523-2727
Moms are in for a treat at Harvard Garden on Sunday, May 8thwith a prix fixe menu for $38 alongside a choice of complimentary tiramisu or crème brulee! Prix Fixe menu options include:
- Watermelon Salad with Watermelon, Prosciutto, Cantaloupe, Feta Cheese, Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Tuna Steak with Butternut Squash Puree, Quinoa, Bell Peppers, Beets, Wasabi Aioli
- Shrimp Scampi with Sautéed Shrimp, Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce, Cherry Tomatoes, Spinach, Linguine Pasta
About Harvard Gardens: Known as a true neighborhood bar, Harvard Gardens is located across the street from Mass General Hospital and attracts a diverse crowd of area workers and Beacon Hill residents. At night the dining room glows with candlelight while the handsome bar hosts a great selection of beers, wines, whiskeys and inventive drinks. Holding one of the first liquor licenses issued after prohibition, Harvard Gardens enjoys an old-time speak-easy vibe, which allows for a friendly, unpretentious comfort to its guests.
Cósmica at 40 Berkeley Street in Boston (617) 313-7878
Cósmica – a South End neighborhood spot serving Cal-Mex specialties, tacos, & vacation cocktails – is serving up their famous Brunch once again, just in time for Mother’s Day. Located at the Revolution Hotel, Cósmica is the latest venture by Wildlife Hospitality, operators of The Beehive and Beat Brew Hall. Grab your Mom and dive right in with some breakfast quesadillas, huevos rancheros, bloody Marias, and more and celebrate a tropically-inspired Mother’s … the water is warm, the mood is good. Click here to reserve your table now!