Over $4 billion dollars (yes, that’s billion with a B) will be bet on Sunday’s Super Bowl between the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos.
Most of that money will be bet illegally.
The Panthers opened up as 3-point favorites but the early action was all on Carolina, pushing the spread up to 6 points.
While you can wager on the traditional point spread and the over/under, the folks at Bovada.com also have some unusual ways to try to make some money.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Will Peyton Manning be seen crying at any point during the entire broadcast? If you bet “yes,” $100 will earn you $600. A “no” bet, you have to put up $1,200 dollars to make a $100.
- Will embattled CBS rules analyst Mike Carey be wrong about a challenge? The smart money says he will be wrong as you have to bet $145 to win $100. But we all know that Mike Carey is generally wrong.
- Will the Panthers player who scores their first TD give the football to a boy or girl? The wiseguys say it will be a girl as they are a 2-to-1 favorite over the boy.
- What color will the liquid be that is poured on the winning coach? Orange Gatorade is the favorite with green and purple the two long shots on the board.
- How many times will Archie Manning be shown on TV during the broadcast? The over/under is 1-1/2. I would go heavy on the over. CBS will not be able to help themselves.
- Will there be an earthquake during the game? If you bet $100 dollars that there will be an earthquake, and there is one, you collect $1,000.
There are plenty more propositions at Bovada Sports.
Remember… Have a hunch, bet a bunch.